Saturday, March 10, 2012

Today's Short and Sweet...

If you are like me, you feel guilty if you take time away from the kids for a date night. I am away from them for 40+ hours a week, I am a full time student, so my studies take time from them, and my three are with their father part of every week, too. So, needless to say, I feel as though there are not enough hours in the day, and not enough of ME to go around. Then, when we finally have time to ourselves, say, to go see a movie, I spend the entire time feeling guilty. Part of me feels as though I am being selfish, and depriving my kids of time with me that is already in short supply.

So, we found a strategy, and turned our date night, into LATE nights. By that I mean that we wait until 7:30 or 8 to head out on our date. We catch a late meal, and head to the late showing of our movie of choice. This way, the kids are already in bed when we leave, so we are not borrowing their time. The sitter has it easy, and it is much less to pay her, and we do not feel guilty! Everyone wins...especially US!




No comments:

Post a Comment